How to get medical help?

When living in Poland, you can sign up to the clinic appropriate for your place of residence or any other. To sign you need to apply to the selected institution with the choice of a family doctor. You will go to this doctor for a visit in case of colds, malaise, and also for a referral to a specialist doctor. You can also go to a private facility that has a contract with the National Health Fund and have a free doctor’s appointment.

Places that do not have a contract with the National Health Fund offer paid treatment unless it is suddenly threatened with life or health.
To see a doctor, you should have your Identification Number as well as a passport. If you do not have a Personal Identification Number, bring a certificate from Social Insurance Institution confirming that you are covered by health insurance (ZUS ZUA or RMUA). You can get this certificate from your employer.