If you do not want to pay the customs duty, make sure that the goods you carry in your hand luggage do not exceed the value:
– 300 euros – if you cross the border by land,
– 430 euros – when crossing the border by air or sea.
Below is a list of goods that you can bring to Poland with certain restrictions:
– cigarettes – inland transport: 40 pieces, in sea or air – 200 pieces
– alcohol, depending on its strength – between 1 litre and 16 litres
– weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes (if you come to attend or prepare for a sporting event). However remember, that before you decide to bring your weapon to Poland, you must first obtain relevant documents and also report this fact to customs institutions.
– gold and platinum foreign exchange – if the goods you want to transport exceed the value of 10 thousand euro, you must report it to the Border Guard authorities
– food – here the law is very restrictive, so before you bring them in, read them closely,
– pets – detailed information can be found here: https://www.wetgiw.gov.pl/index.php?action=iendoly&m_id=33&kat_id=2075
DO NOT bring intoxicants and psychotropic substances to Poland.