To ensure safety for employees and beneficiaries, the following changes are introduced in our city
– Provincial Office in Szczecin – from 16 March 2020 at 10.00 until further notice, the service of not appointed persons will be suspended (ticket machines will be out of order). From March 17, 2020, customer service will take place only in justified, important matters, after prior appointment by phone or e-mail – Send a request to the e-mail address or call: e-mail: informationSO@szczecin.uw.gov.pl; helplines: cases of foreigners, legalization of stay – 91 4303728, 91 4303001; work permit – employers only – 91 4303498; Citizenship Matters – 91 4303779; matters of EU citizens – 91 4303779; entry of an invitation to the invitation register – 91 4303779
– District Labor Office in Szczecin – direct customer service is suspended until further notice. All visits booked so far have been cancelled and new visits will not be arranged. Essential matters can be dealt with using the post office, internet and special urns present at the entrance to the office.
– Szczecin City Hall – direct customer service has been suspended from 20/03/2020 until further notice. All visits booked so far have been cancelled and new visits will not be arranged. Essential matters can be dealt with using the post office, Internet and special urns.
Applications forms directed to the Office can be:
– Send by post to the address of the Szczecin City Hall pl. Armii Krajowej 1, 70-456 Szczecin
– Submitted via EPUAP platform
– Put into specially prepared urns, which are located:
At the entrance to the right-wing of the Szczecin City Hall on Pl. Armii Krajowej 1
At the entrance to the branch of the Szczecin City Hall on Prawobrzeże (City’s right side), ul. Rydla 39-40