New regulations on employing foreigners
1. Extension of declarations deadline from 6 to 24 months
2. The simplified procedure for granting temporary residence and work permits concerns procedures for granting temporary residence and work permits, which were started before January 1, 2021 and were not completed until the effective date of the Act. This solution is intended to efficiently terminate the pending proceedings and eliminate most of the backlogs that have arisen in recent years due to the growing number of cases and the COVID-19 pandemic “- it was stressed.
3. Improving the issuance of temporary residence and work permits – is related to the procedures for granting foreigners temporary residence permits in the territory of the Republic of Poland, in particular temporary residence and work permits, which are the most frequently granted type of temporary residence permits in the Republic of Poland.
4. Shortening the time limit for issuing a national visa and for examining applications for a national visa, i.e. optimization of procedures and efforts in order to shorten the duration of proceedings.
5. Accelerating the the schedule for obtaining of a permit for foreigners who intend to work for entrepreneurs conducting activities of special strategic importance for the Polish economy. In cases considering applications for a work permit, the Voivode will take into account the priority of foreigners working for entrepreneurs who are on this list.
6. The amendment also makes it easier to apply for the Polish Charter ID. One of the changes was that among the evidence, which may confirm the fulfillment of the conditions for receiving this ID will include the Polish Charter belonging to the parent or one of the grandparents of the applicant.
Additional changes concern, among others: the creation of a 60-day deadline for settling an administrative case related to granting a foreigner a temporary residence permit in the first instance, and a 90-day deadline for considering the case by the appeal body; shortening the time limits for examining applications for the issuance of certain national visas and ordering the provisions on initiating the procedure for granting a temporary residence permit in cases where the application is not submitted in person by a foreigner who is to receive this permit.