Am I entitled to receive a 500+ benefit?

Not only Polish citizens are entitled to receive 500+ for a child, but also foreigners residing in Poland with the child for which they apply. To be able to apply for it, you must be a citizen of one of the European Union countries or the European Free Trade Association – EFTA or be a citizen of one of the countries that have a bilateral social security agreement with Poland (these include, among others, Moldova and Ukraine).

You can apply for 500+ benefit at the commune office, via Polish Post, or online (via the bank, via the Emp@tia Information and Service Portal website, or PUE a Social Insurance Institution). The data needed to complete the form is the name of the applicant, i.e. the parent, his Identification Number, series and number of the document confirming his identity, as well as marital status and contact details.

You also need the child’s data, i.e. date of birth, name and surname, Personal Identification Number, gender, citizenship and marital status.