Half-term camps in Netto Arena

The vacations are approaching fast. This is a free time for the youngest, but not necessarily for their parents. It is not always possible to go away, and educational institutions remain closed during this period. In such a case, half-schools are ideal. An active form of leisure is offered by the organizers of semi-colonies in […]

Winter holidays 2024

The winter break for children’s preschool and school activities is fast approaching. In the West Pomeranian Voivodeship, the holidays will take place from January 15 – 28, 2023. This is a time when many families plan to go away together to take a break from the daily challenges. How to provide child care in a […]

Motoeksperymentarium SMYK

“Full craziness” at the Museum of Technology and Communication in Szczecin.  These are the words that visitors to the Museum of Technology and Communication in Szczecin describe the new exhibition. The Museum has so far been associated with the history of the automotive industry and interesting but static exhibits. From February 1, 2023, the space […]

Winter break 2023

The winter break for preschoolers and students is fast approaching. The holidays in Zachodniopomorskie voivodeship will take place from 13 to 26 February 2023. This is the time when many families plan joint trips to be able to take a break from everyday challenges. It is important to remember that we can use the tourist […]

Recruitment for first grades of elementary schools and public kindergartens for the 2023/2024 school year

It’s still winter outside the windows and parents and guardians of the youngest children already have to take care of places for their kids after this year’s vacations. This is the time when most of the recruitment for public educational institutions for the youngest begins. In 2023, recruitment for elementary school first grades and public […]

500 + for the foreigner – step by step

The application can only be submitted online, on the ZUS PUE platform. If you want to log in to pue you need a trusted profile and a mobile phone. After submitting the application for 500+, a decision on granting the benefit will be made at PUE. On Saturday and Sunday, ZUS offices will be open […]

Compulsory schooling in Poland

According to Article 35 of The Educational Law, attending school is mandatory until the age of 18.  Individuals who are not Polish citizens are required to compulsory education and benefit from the care and from learning in public schools under the conditions for Polish citizens (Article 165 above mentioned law). Students’ failure to fulfill compulsory […]

Alimony for children

In a situation where one of the parents avoids the obligation to pay child support, it becomes necessary to refer the matter to court to obtain a court decision. This court may be both the district court competent for the place of residence of the child and the place of residence of the sued parent.  […]

Temporary guardian for minor

Since the 24th of February, the beginning of Russian aggression, three million Ukrainian refugees, mainly women, and children, often non-related, crossed the Polish-Ukrainian border. In Poland, minor children cannot remain unattended or left without the supervision of an adult or an institution. To the situation’s need, the possibility of establishing a temporary guardian between unrelated […]

Studies for foreigners

Studies in Poland fall into three degrees: undergraduate studies (bachelor’s degree), graduate studies (master’s degree), and doctoral studies.  In Poland are also available postgraduate studies, which usually take a year or a year-and-a-half.  The academic year in Poland is divided into two semesters: the winter academic semester and the summer academic semester. Classes in the […]

Changes to the government program “Family 500+”

From January 1, 2022, in accordance with the changes introduced to the government program “Family 500+”, the rules for the collection of applications for child benefit have changed.  According to the new rules, the service of accepting and examining applications and granting child benefit was taken over by the Social Insurance Institution (Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych), […]

Ready for school

The new school year 2020/2021 will not only bring new challenges to students. It will likely pose a serious challenge to people in charge of daily functioning of schools and educational facilities, i.e. teachers and headmasters. The COVID-19 pandemic makes questions and doubts proliferate. Is it safe? How will the school year be organised? How […]

How to legalize child residence?

There are several options for legalizing your child’s stay in Poland. They depend on the legal basis for parents staying in PL. Your child receives a permanent residence permit if you have a permanent or long-term EU resident permit and your descendant: – was born at the time when you had a temporary residence permit […]

Am I entitled to receive a 500+ benefit?

Not only Polish citizens are entitled to receive 500+ for a child, but also foreigners residing in Poland with the child for which they apply. To be able to apply for it, you must be a citizen of one of the European Union countries or the European Free Trade Association – EFTA or be a […]

How to enrol your child in the nursery?

If you want to enrol your child in a nursery, but you do not know which one, you can find a list of all facilities on the website:ęczcow/rodzina/d3/rejestr-zlobkow-i -klubow. Because there is no standardized procedure for enrolling in a nursery, after choosing a specific institution, you must check its procedures individually. Some establishments have […]

How to enrol your child in kindergarten?

If you want to enrol your child in a kindergarten, you must first check with a particular institution whether the application is submitted electronically or directly in kindergarten. Enrollment usually begins in March, and priority is given for those children who live in the municipality or city where the kindergarten is located. In the case […]

How to enrol your child to school?

A foreigner’s child is admitted to the first grade of primary school in the same way as a Polish child. To do this, you need to complete the application – in a specific institution you can find out if you should do it in person or online. As for older classes than primary school as […]

Does my child have health insurance?

People up to 18 years of age, regardless of whether they are insured, have the right to use healthcare. However, according to the Act, they are subject to compulsory insurance. A child can be registered for insurance by parents or legal guardians as well as an institution that looks after the child or school.

What should I know about enrolling my children to the nursery?

INFORMATION REGARDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING WITH APPLYING FOR A GRANTING PLACE IN THE CHILDREN’S NURSERY PARTICIPATING IN THE CITY’S NURSERY TEAM IN SZCZECIN 1. Childcare in a nursery can be provided for a child from 20 weeks to the end of the school year in which the child turns 3 years old. 2. […]

What are the conditions for foreigners to study in Polish schools?

1. Persons who are not Polish citizens benefit from education and care in: a) kindergartens or other forms of pre-school education, a) primary schools also in special primary schools b) secondary schools (high schools, technical schools, industry schools) also in special secondary schools c) art schools, educational establishments on conditions applicable to Polish citizens. 2. […]

What to do if there is a problem with enrolling your child to school or organizing free Polish language learning?

People who are not Polish citizens and who are subject to compulsory education and study, take advantage of education and care in public schools on the conditions applicable to Polish citizens. These people are admitted to public primary schools in which the perimeter has been established due to the student’s place of residence. Pupils are […]