How to enrol your child to school?

A foreigner’s child is admitted to the first grade of primary school in the same way as a Polish child. To do this, you need to complete the application – in a specific institution you can find out if you should do it in person or online.

As for older classes than primary school as well as high schools, a child is accepted based on:

– a certificate or other document confirming the completion of a school abroad or the next stage of recognized education – by separate provisions – equivalent to the Polish certificate of completion of the relevant school or secondary school-leaving certificate,

– a certificate, attestation or other document issued by the school abroad confirming the foreigner’s attendance at a school abroad and indicating the class or stage of education which the foreigner completed at school abroad, and a document confirming the sum of the foreigner’s years of schooling.

Education in public schools is free for children up to 18 years old. It is also worth mentioning that a child who does not have Polish citizenship is entitled to receive additional, free Polish lessons. This right can be used during the first 12 months of education.